Since early February we have been waiting patiently for final approval / permission from both the Djibouti military commander-in-chief and government commissionaire to stay overnight Kadda Dabali island. Today we can report that permission has been granted. We are extremely lucky and grateful to all authorities enabling us to stay up to 72 hours in the AF-059 group.

Although not an ideal island in terms of some paths being blocked, we do not yet know if it’s possible to stay on another island (instead of Kadda Dabali) and will only find out once we meet our boatman. We will update on air the exact AF-059 island we’ll be QRV from…

[read more here]